BlackVue DR900X-2CH-IR-PLUS 4K GPS WiFi Cloud-Capable Dash Cam
The 8-megapixel 4K UHD sensor does captures 4 times as many pixels as in Full HD providing unmatched image quality in any lighting condition at 30FPS (frames per second). Double the detail, and great for those who drive regularly at night. And with its fast shutter speed, details are frozen in place. The interior camera boasts 2 infrared lights ensuring darkness is never a problem.
The DR900X-2CH-IR-PLUS front camera now comes with an additional input for swapping the secondary camera. You can swap your interior camera with a rear camera or an externally mounted waterproof camera.
BlackVue's new seamless app pairing provides effortless setup and configuration. Simply connect to your dashcam without leaving the BlackVue App and access settings, files, and cloud.
Connect to your BlackVue anytime, from anywhere in the world with BlackVue Cloud. Receive Push Notification alerts on your phone an impact is detected on your parked vehicle and check on your car in real-time via Remote Live View. Let BlackVue upload critical footage, such as break-ins or hit and run, as they happen to the Cloud with Live Event Upload. Play and download videos from your dashcam or the Cloud from anywhere, anytime, and back up important videos to the free Cloud storage. Enjoy Two-way Voice Communication with the driver from the app through BlackVue’s integrated speaker and mic. Check the BlackVue Cloud page for more information.
The camera also offers BlackVue's Adaptive Format-Free file management system and Event File Overwrite Protection, reducing file errors, microSD card formatting, or deletion of critical videos.
Your vehicle is protected 24/7 with the built-in impact and motion detection parking modes. In order to use Parking Mode, we recommend the BlackVue Hardwire Kit accessory (included) to easily hardwire the dash cam to the car's fuse box. The BlackVue Hardwire Kit ensures constant power for parking mode, while also ensuring the battery level remains high enough to start the vehicle.
If that isn't enough, Audio recording, GPS position/speed logging, dual-band WiFi, voice alerts, LED status indicators, and more are all built-in!
If you're looking for a single-lens (forward facing only) dash cam check out the DR900X-1CH-PLUS or if you're looking for a different 2CH mode, please see our BlackVue DR900X-2CH-PLUS.
Features of the dash cam include:
- Slim, compact, matte black, cylindrical body for discreet recording
- Easily detachable from mounting bracket via unit lock button for easy storage/hiding
Video Recording Capabilities
- Camera: Front / Interior - 4K UHD (3840×2140) @30fps / Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps
- Camera: Front / Interior - 8MP CMOS Sensor / 2.1-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Camera: Front / Interior Diagonal 162°, Horizontal 136°, Vertical 61° / Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
- 360° rotation to allow internal or external recording
- Loop recording
3 different record modes
- Event (built in shock sensor)
- Parking (built in motion sensor + shock sensor)
- Video storage in .MP4 format
- 940 nm, 2 Infrared (IR) Lights
Audio Recording/Speaker Capabilities
- Built in microphone for audio recording (with option to quickly disable/enable temporarily or permanently)
- Built in speaker for voice alerts
Video Storage Capabilities
- MicroSD card storage compatibility (32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB)
- **We recommend BlackVue memory cards due to their excellent tolerance to extreme temperatures and constant read/write cycles
- Ability to record up to 2 hours of Full HD video with included 32GB MicroSD card before looping (up to 20 hours with 256GB MicroSD card)
- Format-free recording. No maintenance of the memory card required.
- Connect to BlackVue’s official app (for Android, iPhone, and Windows 8.1+ devices) via built in WiFi to change configurations, live-stream the dash cam, and download recorded videos at your fingertips without removing the SD card
- Upload downloaded videos directly to YouTube with the BlackVue app
- Utilize BlackVue over the Cloud features with using BlackVue's LTE Module CM100LTE-NA or your own dedicated hotspot and access the camera remotely or automatically send videos to the BlackVue Cloud
- Built in GPS tracks vehicle location and speed and visualizes your route on map with BlackVue’s official app
Ease of Use
- User-friendly unit communication via voice alerts and simple LED icons
- Windows and Mac compatible BlackVue PC Viewer software
- BlackVue DR900X-2CH-PLUS Front-Facing Camera w/ Windshield Mount
- BlackVue DR900X-2CH-PLUS Interior-Facing Camera w/ Windshield Mount
- Cigarette Lighter Power Outlet Power Cord (15ft/4.5m)
- Direct-Wire Power Outlet Power Cord (15ft/4.5m)
- Front to Rear Video Cable Cord (20ft/6m)
- BlackVue OEM MicroSD Memory Card (choice of 32/64/128/256 GB)
- USB MicroSD Memory Card Reader/Adapter
- Adhesive Cable Holders (8)
- Trim Removal Tool
- Spare 3M™ Adhesive Pads (1 Front, 1 Rear)
- Quick Start Manual
The DR900X-2CH-IR-PLUS includes FREE priority ground shipping within the continental United States.
Front: Width 118.5 mm (4.67″) x Height 36 mm (1.42″) / 106 g (3.74 oz)
Interior: Width 67.4 mm (2.65″) x Height 25 mm (0.98″) / 25 g (0.88 oz)
|Memory||microSD Card (32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB)|
Normal recording, Event recording (when impact is detected in normal and parking mode), Manual recording and Parking recording (when motion is detected), Parking Mode (Impact+Region-based Motion Detection, Timelapse+Events)
* For Parking mode recording, a Parking Mode Battery Pack (Power Magic Battery Pack) or a Parking Mode Hardwiring Kit (Power Magic Pro) is required.
Front: 8-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
Interior: 2.1-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
|Interior illumination||940 nm, 2 Infrared (IR) Lights|
Front: Diagonal 162°°, Horizontal 136°, Vertical 61°
Interior: Diagonal 139°°, Horizontal 139°, Vertical 61°
Front: 4K UHD (3840×2140) @30fps
Interior: Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps
* Frame rate may vary during Wi-Fi streaming.
|Video Codec||H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC)|
Highest (Extreme): 25 Mbps
Highest: 12 Mbps
High: 10 Mbps
Normal: 8 Mbps
|Video Compression Mode||MP4|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11n 2.4GHz / 802.11ac 5GHz Dual band)|
|LTE||Optional External Module|
|GPS||Built-in (Dual Band : GPS, GLONASS)|
|Speaker (Voice Guidance)||Built-in|
Front: Recording LED, GPS LED, BT/Wi-Fi/LTE LED, Front security LED, Proximity Sensing Indicator LED
Rear: Rear Security LED
Wi-Fi / Format button:
* Press once to turn on/off Wi-Fi.
* The dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID and password can be changed through the cloud on the BlackVue App or using the BlackVue Viewer on Windows/macOS
Touching the proximity sensor turns on/off audio recording or triggers manual recording depending on the firmware settings.
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Battery||Built-in super capacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12 V – 24 V (DC Plug: (Ø3.5 x Ø1.35), MAX 1 A/12 V)|
|Power Consumption Per Hour||
Normal Mode (WiFi On / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 310mA / 12V
Normal Mode (WiFi Off / GPS On / 2CH) : Avg. 250mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi On / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 250mA / 12V
Parking Mode (WiFi Off / GPS Off / 2CH) : Avg. 200mA / 12V
Approx. 40mA increase in current when IR LEDs are ON.
* Actual power consumption may vary depending on use conditions and environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20°C − 70°C (-4°F − 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C − 80°C (-4°F − 176°F )|
|High Temperature Cut-Off||Approx. 75°C (167°F)|
Front: FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA, RoHS, Telec, WEEE
Interior: FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher and Mac Yosemite OS X (10.10) or higher
|Application||BlackVue Application (Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher)|
|Other Features||Adaptive Format Free File Management System|